Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Very Belated Five for Friday

I have very much fallen off the face of the Earth the past week or so and missed the past two Five for Friday's with Doodle Bugs! So even though I am late...I'm going to post anyway :) I hope you'll forgive me!

1. This week was spring break and I was VERY busy! I started my spring break going to Asheville for four days with my love. Friends of ours from New York flew in to vacation with us. We had an amazing time! We rented a cabin in a small town called Marshall where we were introduced to the mayor our first night there! We shopped, ate, drank wine and local beer, ate some more, hiked on the Appalachian Trail, and laughed...laughed a lot! It was a great time! And as always, Hari and I left wondering..."why do we not live here?!" Someday...


2. The night we returned home from Asheville, I had to unpack and repack for a flight the next morning! My dad recently bought a home outside of Tampa and has been dying for me to visit. I flew down and my sister met me there. We were VERY busy and had so much fun. We even went to Busch Gardens!

3. With tomorrow being Easter, today we took care of all of our errands. We went on a MAJOR shopping spree! We checked out the Habitat ReStore (got GREAT DEALS! - look out for some of my finds on my personal blog!) We also went grocery shopping and to Lowes to pick up gardening supplies - spring has sprung in North Carolina and I cannot wait to get our garden started!

4. I can't send my students home for a break without a reading challenge of some sort. For spring break I made a fun and easy coloring reading challenge - I cannot believe that over 500 people have downloaded it! That is definitely a record for me thus far in my TpT endeavor  If you haven't begun your spring break yet - check it out!


5. As much as I did not have exactly a restful break with all my jet-setting and I really want just a few more things to get done around the house....I am excited to get back to work on Monday and see my kiddos (and Ms. Taylor, too!)

There it is! Time to enjoy the last bits of my spring break!






P.S. Monday is April 1st! Do you have your April Calendar Pieces yet? If not check out these fun patterned April themed pieces!



1 comment:

  1. Hi there... I just am perusing the linky party for Five for Friday and came across your blog. I love the title! :) Very original! Also, don't feel bad about being late to the party. At least you posted on Saturday... I had mine ready on Saturday and accidentally forgot to post it until today... TUESDAY!

    Hope you don't mind a new follower!

    ReplyDelete