Friday, March 15, 2013

Five for Friday (and a secret!)

It's Five for Friday time with Doodle Bugs Teaching! Last week I linked up for the first time ever on my personal blog and then linked up for the first time ever on my teaching blog! I loved it so much, I'm here for a second helping.


1. It's almost St. Patrick's Day!!! I absolutely adore St. Patrick's Day. It's a fun holiday all around...I'm excited to meet up with friends from home who moved down here shortly after Hari and I and to have my very first southern St. Paddy's day! I also love St. Patrick's day because it is the anniversary of the day I met an ADORABLE "PUPPY" 3 years ago (spoiler alert, I adopted her!) If you want to read more about Kiley and how she came to live with us click her picture :)
Love at First Sight! [Gulfport, Mississippi, March 17, 2010]
2. This week flew! It was so nice to be back to normal after two weeks of play practice - one of which was three intense, all day practices. My students were so excited on Monday to be back to our normal routines. During our last practice day they said things like "I can't wait to have morning meeting!" "Do we get to do readers workshop next week?" "Are we going to do math centers?!" It was so cute how excited they were to get back to class! (And they loved their new St. Patrick's Day Math Centers!)


3. I'm not always the best secret keeper...it's not so much that I tell secrets, but as Benita tells me...I just get so excited and things fly out of my mouth...so...this is one of these times...


It's not too late to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! Ms. Taylor and I are celebrating decked out in green on Monday in our classes. We will be graphing the rainbow with Lucky Charms, Searching for Gold and having St. Paddy's reading centers! All of these can be found in my Luck of the Irish Math and Literacy Pack! And of course...we'll be playing St. Patrick's Day Bingo!

4. I have been so jealous reading in the blog-o-sphere about all of your spring breaks! We begin spring break this Friday! I am so excited to relax! One of my very best friends (and one of my bridesmaids!) is coming to North Carolina for four days and then I am jet setting to the beach to visit my dad! It will be busy (and the report cards that are due Tuesday after spring break will probably barely be touched) but I am super excited!

5. My 31 Day Organization Challenge is slow moving...but I am taking it one step at a time...this week I focused on getting my cleaning routines organized (coming soon!) as well as catching up with my mountains of laundry...which you can [unfortunately] see in my before pictures.

Well it's time to go drink wine and eat good food with the man of my dreams! Happy Friday and Happy Happy Happy St. Patrick's Day, y'all!


2 comments:

  1. I am going to check out your 31 days of organization, sounds like exactly what I need. I am your newest follower.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! I love your title :) I am your newest follower!

    Erin
    The Open Door Classroom

    ReplyDelete